Richland County Court of Common Pleas Probate Division

Marriage License

3101.08 Who may solemnize marriages.

An ordained or licensed minister of any religious society or congregation within this state who is licensed to solemnize marriages, a judge of a county court in accordance with section 1907.18 or the Revised Code, a judge of a municipal court in accordance with section 1901.14 of the Revised Code, a probate judge in accordance with section 2011.27 of the Revised Code, the mayor of a municipal corporation in any county in which such municipal corporation wholly or partly lies, the superintendent of the state school for the deaf, or any religious society in conformity with the rules of its church, may join together as husband and wife any persons who are not prohibited by law from being joined in marriage.


One or both parties must be a resident of Richland County

You must come together

You must bring $60.00 CASH ONLY

You must bring a photo identification (driver's license or state identification)

You must bring your social security card

If either party has been married before you must bring

1. A certified document of termination of most recent marriage.

2. A copy of the death certificate if spouse is deceased

If both applicants are from out of state but wish to be married in Richland County, they must obtain their license in Richland County

You get the license the same day you apply

There is no waiting period as to when you can use the license

The license is good for up to 60 days after you apply

Court Hours for Marriage License are:

Monday - Friday from 8:00 A.M. - 3 :45 P.M.

The following individuals have contacted the court and expressed an intrest in solemnizing marriages:

Adam Withrow - 419-989-3909

Jim Pierce - 419-565-5882

Karen Bruno - 419-612-9318

Meghan Reener - 419-545-3954

Rob Nelson - 419-610-9127

You may contact the marriage license office at: